The South Park National Heritage Area’s enabling legislation requires the creation of a five-year Management Plan. The Heritage Area sought extensive public participation in the development of its plan including six open houses, one in each of South Park’s primary communities. Development of the Management Plan took place from 2011 to 2013 and included stakeholder meetings, tribal consultation, and input from local elected officials. The plan established four primary goals that guide the management of the Heritage Area:
- Conserve and enhance South Park’s natural, cultural, and recreational resources.
- Facilitate partnerships between local, regional, and national organizations that will benefit South Park.
- Provide responsible interpretation of, access to, and education of South Park’s resources to the public.
- Promote South Park’s resources to generate sustainable economies.
Download the Management Plan:spnha_plan_web
- PCHPAC Community Feedback Survey
- Seeking Storytellers: Submit Your Article to the SPNHA Magazine, Winter Edition
- Unearth the Past at Archaeology Day in Fairplay, Colorado
- All Aboard for Fun: Revisiting Railroad Day 2023 in Como, Colorado
- Get Tickets to the People, Places & Spaces Event happening September 16th, 2023!